Saturday, July 25, 2026

Technological Nooks and Crannies

The misguided adventures of my male V in CyberPunk 2077 recently ended.  (Spoilers ahead for "Phantom Liberty" related endings--proceed with caution or skip ahead) For some dumb reason that was easily Googleable, I thought there was a different ending if you opted to side with Reed.  Fun fact that could potentially save you a LOT of time--there's not!  Basically, if you side with Reed, you get the same "you're just another face in the crowd" ending.  I thought that maybe there was a choice where V could choose to work for the FIA (since Reed keeps offering it up as a choice).  Minorly disappointing, I suppose.  Overall though, I got to experience a whole different final mission with a completely divergent vibe that turned out to be both scary and fun.  I also got to mess around with the new CrystalCoat feature and found it to be vaguely fun--looking out for interesting looking vehicles to try to find unique paint colors adds another task.  I think the thing I enjoyed most in this most recent playthrough was the new cars (the Semimaru and Mordred both are probably the smoothest drives in the game) and the expanded photo mode that lets you pose with various random NPC's.

But what to do after an epic CyberPunk playthrough?  Totally switch gears, that's what!  In an act of almost perfect timing, the newest DLC for PowerWash Simulator 2 dropped.  It's a real BIG NAME doozy, folks--none other than the original "Star Wars!"  I've cleaned through all of it, so is it worth your $9.99 to powerwash in a galaxy far, far away?

The Millennium Falcon took some damage.

What is it?

The most recent DLC for the ultimate powerwashing game.  It includes 6 different jobs that include some of the most iconic Star Wars locations and ships.  These jobs range from small-ish to cleaning an entire freakin' ship!

How much additional playtime can I expect?

Depending on your cleaning skills/speed (my pace verges on sloth-like), I would estimate a good ~20-30 hours.

Pros:

+ You play as cleaning droid PO-W2 (but this means there are no new skins or cosmetic options).  It's a fun, Star Wars droid addition.

The 6 jobs in the Star Wars DLC.

+ The six new jobs feature iconic locations and vehicles.  The attention to detail is fantastic (of course) and you get that very 70-ish feeling as you're spraying down all those weird blinking light panels and strange doodads (that are very obviously random electonic-esque items made to look high tech).  I know that there has been some disgruntled folks who didn't like the vehicle focused DLC, but the vehicles in this pack are ginormous.  You get to clean an entire AT-AT (and it's a bit of a pain in the buttocks because you have to get all up in its weird underside), an X-Wing, and even the Millennium Falcon.  If you're a Star Wars fan, you'll appreciate the variety (although...maybe a Yoda's swamp or Jabba's palace would've been fun too).

+ Fun new random achievements.  I always forget to look them up prior to cleaning, so only get them rarely if I accidentally do something that is an achievement.

Cleaning up the cantina.

Cons:

- Some Star Wars cosmetic options and maybe even some base items would've been fun.  Seems like a bit of a missed opportunity, but I wonder how much latitude they actually got with this very guarded piece of IP.  You do get to be a droid, so I suppose there's that.  Maybe like an imperial-themed washer suit?  Or a rebel one?  Missed the ball, I tell ya.

- There are a ton of little nooks, crannies, and doodads on the vehicles.  Some folks will likely find this annoying.

Recommendation:

If you like PWS2 and Star Wars, it's the perfect combination.  Cleaning up those iconic locations and vehicles is every Star Wars nerd's dream.  I kind of wish they'd come up with some cosmetic stuff, but it's not a deal breaker.  My advice is to throw on the soundtracks from the movies while you clean (I mean, why wouldn't you want to listen to the cantina song while you clean it up?) and give yourself the full immersive experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.